Hello from Scandinavia.

Muligans

Hello, im Rami and just starting out with watch repairment as a hobby. It all started when i was to remove a speck of dust from inside of the glass of a vintage grand seiko 5646-7010 and when i was putting back the crownstem i pressed to hard and the lever holding the stem in place had to be refit. Me with my minimal knowledge of watches decided to fix it myself because "how hard can it be".

Well lets just say i found out how hard it could be haha, after a weeks work on the watch and buying tools i realised that now i probably need to service it after all the torture i put it through and i ended up servicing it wich took another week then i just kept buying old watches and servicing them to learn and here we are today!

I hope to learn alot here and hopefully get some help with my projects.

Best regards

@Muligans; I just read all your other post and now I'm reading your introduction; sometimes we do things the wrong way around :biggrin:

Not to worry, we'll keep you straight !

Buy yourself a few cheaper good running watches, watch Marks video's (he is a professional and so is the contents of his videos') and learn how things work and improve your skills. A grand Seiko isn't just a watch, you need a good foundation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Endeavor said:

@Muligans; I just read all your other post and now I'm reading your introduction; sometimes we do things the wrong way around :biggrin:

Not to worry, we'll keep you straight !

Buy yourself a few cheaper good running watches, watch Marks video's (he is a professional and so is the contents of his videos') and learn how things work and improve your skills. A grand Seiko isn't just a watch, you need a good foundation.

Yeah, sometimes we do things the wrong way just like i started of servicing a grand seiko and now im learning all kinds of stuff i had no idea about and realising i probably will need to re service almost my whole vintage collection. Who knew you needed 150$ worth of freakin oil to service a watch! Well i do now. :biggrin:

I have ordered some cheaper movements to train on now. My next project will be a bulova submariner  1D16M with a ETA 2824-2. 

Will probably make a thread about it to get feedback and opinions.:biggrin:

Thank you for the warm welcome neighbour!

• Like 1