Opinion on Longines watch

This is a Longines watch i am about to service. But there is two different kind of hands? . Wonder if i should keep as is or maybe change to a hand with an eye. What do you think it's best or original on this? DSC00223.thumb.JPG.bdda67b938822b0298bc15943e04353e.JPG

DSC00221.JPG

DSC00220.JPG

Edited by rogart63

If you do a google image search for, say, 'Longines 1920s cushion watch' it appears that a large array of different hand shapes were used for this style of watch. Difficult to therefore say what's original or best so this may come down to personal preference! Skimming through these images I did note this ... https://www.watchpatrol.net/listing/582719/ ... which is very similar to yours and uses the Breguet style for both hands. I reckon this looks pretty nice! :)

• Like 2

I would consider the condition of the rest of the watch, if dial looks excellent , feet and overall good dial. That gets 60 % of the passing grade, next is how shiny is the movement is   there max grade is 30% , the remainng 10% belngs to the case presumably SS.and the rest.

I would invisig  the reconditioned product , expenses and worth.If it is got potetials to be recnditioned and is worth it I would pay for good hands too.

Regards 

• Like 1

Roger, I like the Breguet hands and here is a picture of one from my collection...

C10DAB49-111C-4304-BD2D-9865332F9BFD.thumb.jpeg.cedfb24a0fcb24852d5aa8833cb796e4.jpegThis dates from the 1920s. I don’t remember exactly when right now, but feels like a similar age.  If you send the serial number and calibre number to longines heritage they will likely tell you for free what the original hands were if they cased it.