Seiko 6119-6400 repair help

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and watch repair. It's great to have a resource like this when things aren't working as they should!

I recently bought a 6119-6400 with a couple of known issues that I'd appreciate some assistance with.

Firstly, the internal bezel is very stiff, it turns but with quite a bit of effort. Secondly, the quickset date works, but the crown sticks once pushed in and the day won't change when the crown is pushed. It does advance when changing the time between 9pm and 1am though.

Lastly, I confess I'm not much of a fan of the hardlex crystal and would love to try a slightly domed sapphire (it's a UFO, right?). How do I find something to fit, any suggestions? I have the sense that trying any old 33mm crystal is unlikely to work.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Hello Peet,

On this friendly forum before making a post for help or advice. We like new members to introduce themselves. Just say a little about what you do and about yourself.

We like that to go into the Introducing Yourself Here. This is the link.

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/forum/23-introduce-yourself-here/

Members please do not reply until he has introduced himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, any thoughts on the items above? I have completed a teardown and rebuild of the calendar works, which has helped with the sticking of the crown. I also noticed the day does advance when the movement is out of the case but there doesn't appear to be enough travel on the stem to activate it when in the case. Would this suggest the stem has been replaced with one that's too short?

Also, in looking at the inner bezel, it appears like removing it and cleaning thoroughly might be a good place to start. Any ideas on how to remove the outer ring surrounding the crystal though? It seems I'd need to do this to access the inner bezel. Finally, any grease or oil required for this bezel to function smoothly?

Apologies for the barrage of questions, thanks in advance for any advice