Clocks are just Childs Play

I have seen working Lego clocks and Meccano clocks before, the Meccano clocks are particularly interesting, but I agree with you on this one Old Hippy that the maker does not understand how an escapement works. It has no locking and does not use what should be the pendulum to release the escape wheel, it is just providing interesting movement that looks similar to the movement an escapement makes.

This video is a bit long winded, but at the end it shows a working Verge escapement Meccano clock which is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKw2XDBhVpo

To be honest I still have 2 Meccano fire engines sitting next to my computer, one is a set 5 Fire engine and the other is a set 9 Firetruck about 90% built.

I built them years ago, but took the wheels off and stopped building the set 9 truck as my oldest son who would of been about 5 at the time could help but play with it and kept breaking it. Being he is now 14 I could probably finish building it now.

I never had Meccano as a kid, so as an adult I used to buy old secondhand Meccano and refurbish it and use it.

I also built a set 7 Octopus fairground ride that I would power with my Stuart steam engine which was good fun, never built a clock though.

I also have an original copy of the 1976 Meccano Orrery super model plan that I would like to build one day, but it would involve some significant investment in hard to get Meccano parts.

• 2 weeks later...