Rolex 2135 extremely rough hand winding

marcusg83

hello all, 

I come to you today with a problem. I am working on a Rolex 2135 movement. The problem i am having is that when the automatic component is on the movement, hand winding is extremely rough. My customer has broken their stem by hand winding their watch. I have tried cleaning and oiling the entire movement. i have demagnetized the movement several times. and i even went as far as purchasing an entire new automatic device. this did not fix my problem. Is there anything that may be causing this to happen? 

any help would be greatly appreciated,

Marcus

Well you have me beaten then Marcus, however if the winding mechanism is that rough then there must be a witness mark left somewhere. Maybe strip it again and with an X10 look for marks. When the auto wind is assembled is there any chance that there is a longer screw fowling something. I am not a watchmaker just a jobber. Regards, Mike.

• Like 1

Provided proper lubrication and assembly, I believe you need to specifically demagnetize the autowinding upper bridge including the two complete reversing wheels again, if you haven't already. 

The small polished ratcheting levers inside the reversing mechanisms cause the shutter feel while winding when magnetized. 

Edited by GeorgeC
  • Like 1