Ebauche movement help to a newbie

Paulevs

Hi folks, need help if anyone can advise I would be very grateful. I have a watch with a Fe movement,7120/22 ,from what I see these no longer exist.i found someone selling the same movement number,only issue is they also added a 10 and half and other just a 10,what are these numbers associated too as I can't see anything on movement only an A next to the movement number? Or is there another movement I could use and how do I know the code to the other movement? Hope I made sense. Thank you.

15380652925566417170896795544585.jpg

As @rogart63 has mentioned, watch movements are measured in 'ligne sizes'. There's a good chart here if you're interested: http://members.iinet.net.au/~fotoplot/tech/wmms.html

The difference between the 10 and 10.5 sizes is over a millimetre so you'd have to get the right size to fit. You can measure your existing movement to check the size. A 10 ligne size is more unusual than a 10.5 but I don't know enough about FE to say if they did both ... or just the latter.  Do the measurement first and then come back with the answer and we can take it from there.

Hi. Thank you for your replies,it is 23.8 . So 10.5? It's date is 3 o'clock with seperate second at 6.i managed to source a ebauche but does not come with hour wheel?can this come off the hold one and easy to fit?or maybe a different company movement can be used?  Look forward to your reply.

If you've managed to source the same FE movement then this is fine.

The hour wheel will just be held on with a retaining plate; you'll need a small screwdriver (e.g. 0.80mm blade) to remove the screws that hold this plate to the movement. Be careful as the date change mechanism underneath the plate incorporates a small spring and it's easy for these to ping off never to be seen again. A top tip as you're new to this is to put the movement in a clear plastic bag and then undo the screws and remove the plate inside the bag. This way you won't lose anything and if a spring does make a bid for freedom you'll catch it in the bag! :)