Is 086STZ000610 the correct HE Valve for Omega Planet Ocean 168.1650?

number98

Hi all,

I would like to buy a HE Valve for my Omega Planet Ocean case no 168.1650 and according to Cousinsuk and other websites the reference no is 086ST0115. Unfortunately, it is restricted so I went to the bay and came across someone selling 086STZ000610 and it says that it's for I'm quoted "168.1650. 1651. 1652. 1653. 1658. 1660. 1663. More..........planet ocean." so I'm not sure is 086STZ000610 is 086ST0115 a not. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, noirrac1j said:

Hello @number98,

I looked up your Omega case using MATSYS online system and got the following hit:

1617699138_ScreenShot2018-09-26at2_10_55PM.png.12850604eb4123f150a7b0e78193e816.png

It looks like that valve pusher should work on your Omega....but I also see its an expensive part, so  use your judgment regarding the seller just in case a return is required!

J

Hi J, thank you for the help! Can I check do you know why are there two HE Valve for this 168.1650? Can I conclude that 086ST0115 = 086STZ000610? Up til now I still don't know why are there two models for the HE Valve. Thanks!

Hello,

That's a good question , but I don't really know why there are two types. Maybe the factory revised the stock number on the helium release valve to match variations of the watch (chrono and non-chrono, cal 2500 vs 8500). I believe they may have made different sized versions as well, so some things have been changed since its introduction.

J

Edited by noirrac1j
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, noirrac1j said:

Hello,

That's a good question , but I don't really know why there are two types. Maybe the factory revised the stock number on the helium release valve to match variations of the watch (chrono and non-chrono, cal 2500 vs 8500). I believe they may have made different sized versions as well, so some things have been changed since its introduction.

J

Thanks for the reply J! So this should be normal right? I've never come across any Omega parts that have a second stock number. I believe this is a normal practice used by Omega right? In that case, I shall order it! Because I have been hesitating for quite a while now. Thanks for the help!

Edited by number98

6 minutes ago, number98 said:

Thanks for the reply J! So this should be normal right? I've never come across any Omega parts that have a second stock number. I believe this is a normal practice used by Omega right? In that case, I shall order it! Because I have been hesitating for quite a while now. Thanks for the help!

The Omega reference number has changed but not the Bestfit number that corresponds to Omega case ref. 168.1650, and I think in this instance, it is OK. I don't agree with the whole "restricted parts" ideology, but Omega deals with a huge amount of non-authorized retailers, as well as parts funneling, so maybe this is part of their strategy. Or maybe they just revised the factory number on an unchanged part to justify marking the price up!

I would suggest you contact the seller just to make sure a return (if necessary) is an option after purchase.

J

• Like 1

I think I found the answer you're looking for the reason why there are two numbers

086ST0115 | VALVE PUSHER

VALVE PUSHER
REF :086ST0115
000 MATERIAL :STEEL
002 WATER-RESISTANCE :60 bar

The article 086ST0115 is not available, it was replaced by 086STZ000610 VALVE HELIUM STEEL

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

I think I found the answer you're looking for the reason why there are two numbers

086ST0115 | VALVE PUSHER

VALVE PUSHER

The article 086ST0115 is not available, it was replaced by 086STZ000610 VALVE HELIUM STEEL

Good job researching. So, 086STZ000610 is the revised stock number, with no dimensional or functional changes? Hope so!

J

On 9/27/2018 at 3:09 AM, noirrac1j said:

The Omega reference number has changed but not the Bestfit number that corresponds to Omega case ref. 168.1650, and I think in this instance, it is OK. I don't agree with the whole "restricted parts" ideology, but Omega deals with a huge amount of non-authorized retailers, as well as parts funneling, so maybe this is part of their strategy. Or maybe they just revised the factory number on an unchanged part to justify marking the price up!

I would suggest you contact the seller just to make sure a return (if necessary) is an option after purchase.

J

On 9/27/2018 at 3:09 AM, noirrac1j said:

J

21 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

086ST0115 | VALVE PUSHER

VALVE PUSHER

Hi guys thanks for the reply. I've checked with two eBay sellers who are selling the 086STZ000610 and one seller (who didn't state which case model the HE Valve would be compatible) replied and said that he had checked it for me and my case 168.1650 according to the Omega parts database required the 086ST0115 which he didn't have them and he mentioned that this 086STZ000610 is for later models of the Planet Ocean which he firmly believed it would not fit my watch and he would not give me a refund once it's been opened as it devalues the item while another seller responded to my message (the one which stated in his listing that this HE Valve is for case no 168.1650. 1651. 1652. 1653. 1658. 1660. 1663. More..........planet ocean.) saying that my watch model 2200.50.00 requires the HE Valve 086STZ000610 and I need to replace the whole complete Valve(which is 086STZ000610) as the 086ST0115 is only the steel cap not the whole assembly and he doesn't have it as SG no longer supply parts. I'm confused after reading both of their reply. I am not sure who to listen. I really need a consensus as I might sell my watch in future so I need one that is exactly the same as it came out of the box when I bought it as it might devalue the watch considerably. @JohnR725 Hi John, may I know where did you get this piece of information? Thanks! Once again, thank you to you both @noirrac1j and @JohnR725 who has helping me. 

This is a bit of a challenge, and you might have to take a gamble and try your best option.I don't know of any Omega parts database (maybe Otto Frei?), but every resource I looked at doesn't have anything different on the Omega valve, except to note that your model 2200.50.00 is the larger case. I looked at Bestfit cross reference compatibility using the specific part number (086ST0115) to check if other case numbers might be useful for the search, and came up with some numbers that confirm what the second seller wrote  to you. The seller is correct except for 168.1660 and 168.1663, I did see on Ebay another helium valve for another model # which includes the Helium crown, spring, and push stem with threading where the valve attaches. That's where there may be a difference that might make the 086ST0115 the only one that will fit your watch. Check this one: on ebay 232890869301

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 4.11.25 PM.png

providing the numbers that you have 086ST0115 is correct for your case then the number I gave you is the correct replacement.

It's important to have friends when repairing watches because the right friends have access to the Omega website where a lot of helpful and sometimes unhelpful things can be found. so for instance looking up the case reference number gives us nothing? But looking up the original part number it gives us a break down of all of its components. It also has a reference that it's no longer available refers you to the other number which has no components?

Omega is an interesting company at least they have PDFs available but they're paranoid they watermark them which I assume means they want to know who is releasing their information to the public. so not going get anyone in trouble by releasing watermarked PDFs but I'll take a little snippet here and there we can see what's going on.

the only thing that gives good results with searching for the word helium and I'm copying and pasting what I found below. We get an answer the old part is a kit and had separate components at one time. The new is all one piece no separate components.

The first OMEGA helium valves have been available since 1993, when the Seamaster 300M models were launched. These helium valves were designed for disassembly and assembly in Customer Service. Recently, the steel and titan versions have been replaced by new helium valves called monobloc. Please find more detailed information in Working Instruction 39 where the old helium valve is called: "helium valve delivered in a KIT".

Main reasons for this change are improved quality as well as easier handling in Production.

helium 2.JPG

helium.JPG

helium old versus new.JPG

Well Omega does have a parts information system after all. I saw the information on the spring valve kit, but the number used was 08500ST067  which is why I didn't mention it in my last post. I originally said that 086STZ000610 would be a replacement, and it looks like @JohnR725 using some great research methodology, also thinks it should work, so @number98, give that one a shot.

Listen I've had my share of buying wrong parts and/or getting things mixed up and winding up with something I can't use. Sometimes I can return it, sometimes I have to eat the loss and re-order, and sometimes can make it up by selling it forward. I think this was a good example of teamwork and teasing out the variables to come to a good  level of certainty. Just one thing: that ebay number I have you appears to be an assembled valve and the seller gives 08500ST067 as the number...just for your FYI.

J