Brooklyn Beer Or Is It ?

I think thats an outstanding idea. 

By the way I was in a Book outlet called "The Works" yesterday and noticed they were selling rigid canvas boards 16 x 20 " for £2.00, 100% pure cotton stretched canvas - I have not gone all artistic on you but I do have a lovely new white work surface for my desk.

Cheers,

Vic

• Like 1

Hi Vic,

So you "re-surfaced" your desk with the canvas? How is it for bouncy watch parts? Does it behave properly or helped the little critters into nothingness? I'm curious since I tried to cover my work table with some light green sort of felt and it didn't work so I went back to what I had!

....I'll take the Budvar in the meantime....hiccup!

Edited by bobm12

Hello Bob,

The canvas it fixed onto 3mm card so definitely not as bouncy as my pine desk top that I normally put a bit of A3 white cartridge paper on so I can see darker things that fly.  I thought that it is worth a try for a couple of quid.

Will see how it pans out, but today I am out to meet my ex work colleagues at the pub and will not be touching anything that requires concentration or single vision :D

I will however happily bore the S*** out of them talking about watches and may strap a few examples on each wrist - great being retired !

Cheers,  Vic

post-197-0-65970300-1414148297_thumb.jpg

Excellent Vic, thanks for the picture and keep me posted of the performance of this canvas....and more important, enjoy the pub and make sure you do it for the both of us! mmm, I guess I'll follow track with what I got here: a Heineken!

Vich you used canvas to cover your worktable?!? It doesn't sound like it would be that great to work on, but let me know how it turns out. On the topic of beers from Brooklyn, all I can say is that the local hipster store on the corner of Myrtle and Broadway has at least 60 types of microbrewery beers. Fortunately, I can't give you any more info Vich because I've never tried any of them. 

JC

Hello JC,

Thanks for the info,  on my trips to see my son I usually have about a month in LA although last time I spent a week in San Fran.  The USA is massive and I should take in more I know but the focus will always be to spend time with family.  The In Laws are fantastic and I look forward to eating out - love Dim sum. Maybe I will get to see NY sometime who can tell. 

I have a life-long interest in trying out new and different beers, my preference is Cask Ale being a member of CAMRA but I must admit some of them taste pretty bad. Alchol is not to everyones liking which I understand and admittedly it is not always beneficial.  Where I was raised it is more or less cultural.  From the age of about 16 (should really have been 18) you met your friends at the Pubs or Working Mans Clubs referred to as CIU Clubs - Club and Institute Union (definitely not the same as the "Mans Clubs" in LA)  The magic words are "in moderation" but you only learn that as you get older - most of the time.

In CA there is an ample supply of good wine as well, though surprisingly some of the same wine is actually cheaper in the UK.  Another oddity is "bread" which is wierdly quite expensive compared to the UK, a large thick sliced Warburtons toastie is about $1.60 and similar costs twice or three times as much in LA  - never really got my head round that one. Anyway, I found the opposite for nearly everything else especially electronic and IT stuff.  I am rambling now so I will cut this short - Love my trips to the US.

As for the Canvas, I think my impression of canvas is a cloth stretched on a frame - sort of bouncy,  but this is actually just a rigid and solid white "canvas faced" board that rests on my work table in fact it is little more than a fancy bit of faced card.  I normally raid my wifes craft supplies for white A3 card and use that but this is a bit bigger.

Cheers,

Vic

Curiously enough my working surface also comes courtesy of "The Works", but it's not the canvas board. I use their A4 self healing cutting mat (they also do an A2 but that's a bit too big) which is perfect for absorbing bounce, easy to clean, and easy on the eye for long periods. It's also cheap at less than £3.