Hello, I could not fint any answer to this on any other thread.

Im using Isopropyl alcohol for the last step of hand cleaning movements. However i can not find a good way to throw used liquid away. How do you do it, I know that the liquid will turn into gas eventually however since i fill a small jar there is always going to come times when i need to throw it away. Where do i throw it?

How do you do it?

Thanks in advance, Jakob

Burn it indoors in a large can. It,s only lighter fuel. Make sure you soak it up with a cloth or cotton wool first.

I have a large man made rock with a hole part way through the middle.

It's meant to burn indoors as a feature.

Don't be afraid of it a small amount will not cause any problems.

Just do'nt try to pour more in while it is still alight.

• 2 years later...

Buy an inline fuel line filter used for cars.   Use a syringe/pump to pass the IPA through the filter (note arrow on filter for direction of flow) and collect in container and use again.  If really particular, pass through a second filter (not the same one. Can run them in line).

• Like 2

On 11/8/2020 at 6:30 AM, canthus said:

Buy an inline fuel line filter used for cars.   Use a syringe/pump to pass the IPA through the filter (note arrow on filter for direction of flow) and collect in container and use again.  If really particular, pass through a second filter (not the same one. Can run them in line).

This here ^.  I use a coffee filter, and I filter twice, then I let it settle, and skim the top because there will be old oil floating there.

Since I clean with Zippo fluid, after a handfull of uses I take the old stuff outside and use it to burn off carbon deposits on my barbecue grill before I re-season the iron grates.