Some past projects and keepers!

MattWatch

Hi All,

Now, to start with I should say that my watch repaires are nowhere near the caliber (......see what i did there?) of some on this forum, but everyone started somehwhere right? 

Up until now I have been into costmetically restoring watches that run but have been somewhat unloved.  Out of that I have started getting into the mechanical side too, I'm currently building up a FL Twin Power movement (one that I did not take apart) using the age old "yep, that seems to fit there" and "hmm that doesn't look quite right" methods!  Some resources on this very forum have also been extremely useful.  I can get the odd dead watch re-started, but a full strip down, service and rebuild is where i would like to get to.

As i say mainly cosmetic work, the interest for me is taking something that looks completely unloved and turning into something that will be cherished.  My watches have been bought for birthday presents, wedding presents, something that's being bought specifically to hold onto and pass down to the next generation, and that's what it's all about for me.

Anyway, some examples for y'all :) 

Hamilton Self-Winding:

Ham1.JPG

Ham2.JPG

Stunning Louis Erard Triple Date:

LE1.JPG

LE2.JPG

Longines:

Long1.JPG

Long2.JPG

Omega Geneve (never did try to sort that bottom lug out just in case):

OM1.JPG

OM2.JPG

Oris 15 Jewel:

Oris1.JPG

Oris2.JPG

Oris Super:

OrisSU1.JPG

OrisSU2.JPG

Roamer Popular:

Roamer1.JPG

Roamer2.JPG

Rotary 17 Jewel GP:

Rotary1.JPG

Rotary2.JPG

70s Seiko Auto:

Seiko1.JPG

Seiko2.JPG

Seiko SeaHorse:

SeikoSH1.JPG

SeikoSH2.JPG

Tissot Visodate Seastar Seven:

Tis1.JPG

Tis2.JPG

Tudor:

Tudor1.JPG

Tudor2.JPG

Old Timex:

Tim1.JPG

Tim2.JPG

Thought I'd leave it there as you're probably getting a bit bored :)  That's probably about 10% of the watches I've done over the past couple of years!! 

In terms of my own 'keepers', I don't actually have that many.  A couple below:

Tissot Seastar that I fell in love with the moment i put it on:

METIS.JPG

Oversized Tissot Antimagnetique, which i sold and then pretty much begged the buyer to sell back to me.  Which he did.....but failing to mention that hands were fused together.  So i wound it not realising, and it's now broken and slightly in bits :(

METIS2.JPG

In the future I'd very much like to aquire a genuine military issued chronograph, that will be my significant investment watch i think.

Hope you like!

Matt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Apologies, I've been a bit quite of late posting.  Thanks so much for the positive comments, really appreciate :) Someone asked about the dials, I've cleaned a few up in my time but I'm not a dial restorer by a long shot.  The Longines, I sourced a NOS dial and swapped it over and on the Oris, incredibly, that dial was lurking under the faded crystal!  Swapped the crystal and jobs a goodun.

Thought I'd make up for my absense with a few pics :)

1) Old Oris before and after pics:

IMG_20181104_202130_264.jpg

IMG_20181104_211813_403.jpg

2) Lovely little Zenith that came through recently

IMG_20181119_214940_043.jpg

3) Avia 'Matic' automatic

IMG_20181126_225857_224.jpg

4) STUNNING 9ct sold gold Tudor

Screenshot_20181207-125655.jpg

I also decided to treat myself to a couple of new watches :/  It took me a while to figure it out, but Tissot are by far my favourite watch maker. There are more Tissot's out there that i like than any other maker i can think of/have come accross. I like their new stuff, i like their vintage stuff, they are generally affordable, but you can go really high end if you want/can. For those reasons they're definitely the one for me.

With that in mind:

Sublime Tissot Navigator choronoraph.  The Mrs would literally kill me to death if she knew how much this cost!!

IMG_20181128_103346_959.jpgScreenshot_20181120-134320.jpg

IMG_20181123_194944_208.jpg

Another Oversize (38mm) Tissot Antimagnetique, which goes really nicely with the one i already had (and must get around to getting repaired).

IMG_20181025_203748_660.jpgIMG_20181206_164421_938.jpg

Onwards and upwards :)

Matt

Edited by MattWatch
  • Thanks 1