Seiko 6R15 issue in one position

Pip

I have a friend who pulled down his SARB065 Cocktail Time and knackered the HS and I suspect damaged the MS too. He made a bit of a mess of the whole thing, it was swimming in oil too. I said I’d look at it for him, and I installed a new “balance complete” but agreed with him not to touch MS for now. I pulled the movement down and cleaned and serviced it. Getting quite good numbers dial down, and ok numbers crown down & crown up, but dial up it goes mental.

Dial down:

91e4b85e0f05aca7d7be41f1eedf8edc.jpg

Crown down:

0e3efd130535fa4f96003f8d422711ce.jpg

Dial up:

5460fd6f525c9fd9d3b75823c3e375a9.jpg

Can anyone enlighten me? Maybe a pivot issue although they look alright but maybe I need to recheck them?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if the pivot look fine what about the balance jewel assembly? I looked at the tech sheet both the lower and upper are identical so you don't have to worry about swapping those around. then image from the tech sheet to show you that the cap jewel assembly does have to go in a specific direction.. The flat side goes in the curved goes out.

then when the watch is dial up visually what does the balance wheel look like it's doing and listen what does it sound like? t is one of the minor faults the Chinese machines it would be nice to have the actual audio sound versus the beeping.

Seiko balance jewel.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks John, I’ll have a look. I suppose I could have installed the jewel upside down, I”be done lot so these so could be getting a bit blasé about it which is when mistakes creep in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk