ETA 1080 "cap jewels" oiling help needed

Well if that should happen I would take the bridge off and apply more. I dont remember that ever happening to me though. I always apply a big o heap. Hard to imagine the space between the jewels ever running out for how much ever you can fit in the concave before running off to the side.
You probably have a really good technique. In my experience, filling the sink doesn't come close to making the right sized circle under the cap jewel. If it works it works!
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 6:16 PM, nickelsilver said:

There's a commercially made "oil pusher

Oh, now I understand! I bought that thinking that it was to drop a precise amount to the end stone, Incablock specifically. When I found that it does not drag any oil I almost wanted to feature it on my topic of  tools for laugh. Happy that I didn't, because I would have been the tool to laugh at!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/15/2018 at 4:46 AM, JohnR725 said:

jewels like this are used to reduce friction. I have an image where you can see the side view Then for lubrication you can try to put a small drop on the cap and carefully put it back in place without moving it around but that usually isn't the best way.I also have an image showing how to do that. then at other option for lubrication is a automatic oiler. You can insert it through the whole from the backside the oil will flow out.

jewels.jpg

jewel oil.JPG

Can I ask for the source of this oiling graphic? Is this from a book or a file, I got really interested to it.

Edited by ColdWind

On 8/21/2022 at 5:52 AM, ColdWind said:

Can I ask for the source of this oiling graphic? Is this from a book or a file, I got really interested to it.

They are two separate PDFs.. One of them is an ancient Omega document that I scanned to a PDF which covers really quite a bit of what you need to know to lubricate the watch Then the other comes from a  document by Seitz Just can't quite remember which one I got it from so I'm attaching something that has the equivalent..

667675573_OilingOmegawatches1957.PDF Seitz book.pdf

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content