jewel press ?

clockshop

Just getting some tools together, been offered a swiss jewel press with all the parts etc stumps, how much do i need one of these, is it worth buying ? any help would be appreciated,

regards john

Its not the sort of tool one would use or need if you are a beginner or new to watch repairing/making. If all the parts are there, all is in good condition and the price is right for you then I would buy it. The more watch work and the more you progress you sure will need one.

8 hours ago, jdrichard said:

Like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Closing hand collets, adjusting end-shakes, reaming/broaching upright holes, flattening dents in dials and hands, peening hands to form a curve, closing hole sizes, etc.

There are some fancy accessories that you also get with the larger set detailed in the manual here:

ihc185.infopop.cc/helphand/pdf/seitz.pdf

• Like 1

Closing hand collets, adjusting end-shakes, reaming/broaching upright holes, flattening dents in dials and hands, peening hands to form a curve, closing hole sizes, etc.
There are some fancy accessories that you also get with the larger set detailed in the manual here:
ihc185.infopop.cc/helphand/pdf/seitz.pdf

Hey, big thanks. I do have the Seitz set

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk