Timex find at Antique Fair

Ianh

Hi everyone,

I have recently joined the world of watch repairing and collecting and liked the Timex brand as I had draw with old timex in from family members managed to get one going with help from you guys on here.

I found this tin at a recent antique fair with old timex/ mixed as the description purchased for only a sum of £15 so took a chance.

There is mix of watches and movements i will look at each one in turn and report back with findings.FBFB2734-3465-409D-99FA-641511794D02.thumb.jpeg.938bb4f106ec2e6711c6ca17427b919b.jpeg

Cool. The two that say 25 meters waterproof are classics and so is the red black and white roulette wheel model. That one has been brought back as a modern classic. However, those old movements they used are not a good choice for learning to repair watches. They are stamped sheet metal and none of the Swiss watches or Japanese watches will be built the same way. They are not meant to be taken apart and there are no parts available other than from other movements. Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi everyone,
I have recently joined the world of watch repairing and collecting and liked the Timex brand as I had draw with old timex in from family members managed to get one going with help from you guys on here.
I found this tin at a recent antique fair with old timex/ mixed as the description purchased for only a sum of £15 so took a chance.
There is mix of watches and movements i will look at each one in turn and report back with findings.FBFB2734-3465-409D-99FA-641511794D02.thumb.jpeg.938bb4f106ec2e6711c6ca17427b919b.jpeg

WOW ... really nice catch for £15.
As you paid £s ... may I assume you're in UK ?
If YES we're not that far as I'm in Lyon/France.
If you decide to let some of those movements leave your desk I really could be interested.
For a quick service of those movements you can use the Timex manuals (will post a link here).
And it is POSSIBLE to make a full service of the M25 / M24 ... not that difficult if the movements are in good shape.
Enjoy that funny hobby !!!

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi,

Thank you for the reply iam based in th U.K.

I would possibly let some of the M24 movements go, would you be interested in doing exchange of spares?.

I’m looking for stems/crowns and second hands.

I prefer M25 movement with date function.

8 hours ago, Ianh said:

Hi,

Thank you for the reply iam based in th U.K.

I would possibly let some of the M24 movements go, would you be interested in doing exchange of spares?.

I’m looking for stems/crowns and second hands.

I prefer M25 movement with date function.

Sorry but I dont have any spare parts for Timex/Kelton watches, except for some movements I stripped  for repairs.

About Timex second hands you could take a chance at cousins (which is good for you as you're in UK).

According to M24 and M25 movements specs the second hands have a 0.21mm hole, with no center tube.

Cousins sells 0.21 center second hands, both stainless steel, golden plated and black and they cost only £1.15 each

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/centre-seconds-by-size

Those second hands have a center tube but it could work nevertheless.

And if you need a white or orange one you can buy a SS one and paint it with dilute nail varnish.