Sellita SW200 4th wheels, Cannon Pinions, and Hour Wheels interchangeable with 2824?

number98

Hi, the other day I posted a topic regarding about cannon pinion height between 2824 and 2892 and thanks to a member help, I finally came to a conclusion that I need a H3 made by ETA but Cousinsuk currently do not have stock for the H3 Cannon Pinion with Drive Wheel. Hence I was thinking of buying Sellita H3 for SW200 instead but then I went to download the SW200 Interchangeability from Cousinsuk and apparently that part(same goes to the 4th wheel, hour wheel) is not compatible with ETA as the column under the ETA 2824 isn't ticked but on Ofrei website, they said that "SELLITA 4th wheels, Cannon Pinions, and Hour Wheels can be used in the ETA 2801-2, 2824-2, 2836-2 and related series of calibers.". I'm confused. I know the balance wheel with bridge is not interchange as I've tried before but not sure about the other parts. Can somebody shed some light on that? Thanks!

The SW200 is meant to be a direct copy of the 2824(-2) but enough people out there have found minor differences on some parts that make interchangeability a bit of a gamble. If you have found a reputable site (Ofrei) specifically saying that the particular parts you are after are interchangeable however then go for it; they wouldn't have said this if they weren't certain.

Alternatively:

Ebay does have 2824-2 cannon pinions listed but the sellers do not state the heights; I guess you could ask a couple.  Another route - especially since you were uncertain whether you should go for the H3 (2.45mm) or H4 (2.70mm) - is to go for the latter (which Cousins do have in stock) and using a quality file gently remove what you don't want. At the end of the day it's only a tube with a chamfered end so with some delicate filing you could get the part 'bespoked' to how you need it! Just an idea!