Seen here first: the new Witshi audio-optical, and PC analyzers

jdm

The Witschi representatives in Hong Kong are really nice people, today I visited their booth at the Hong Kong Watch & Clock fair and they gladly showed my the first ever analyzer using optical data acquisition (as well acoustic), the Wisioscope S. The balance wheel movement is captured by a lens ans sendors, that works even the movement is in a plastic case. After processing it's displayed together with the audio in an "overlapped" format using different colors for the two channels.

DSC00728.thumb.JPG.ffaa67f736a81e01bae4f2bdc661d657.JPG

In an another display mode (I suppose there are even more) the display shows frame-by-frame images from the high-speed camera for visual analysis, I suppose to diagnose issue like pallets depth, lift angle. The machine is hence able to accurately display the latter for any watch mov.t.

DSC00727.thumb.JPG.a23306e5c57abe0532a44d2e00d15800.JPG

The apparatus is meant for manufacturer's R&D centers, and cost in excess of 10,000 CHF.

The other new product is their PC-based timegrapher, called CronoMaster. Sorry, no pictures for this one, physically it consist of a nice multi-position mic with USB interface for a Windows PC or tablet. I haven't played much it but it looked nice enough. Full specs and screenshots on their websites. Cost is about 2,000 CHF. 

Edited by jdm
  • Like 3