I've ran out of ideas & tricks ...... Help !!

Endeavor

@rodabod: At the end of the day, since I had a full refund from the seller, these watches are a gift.

A gift which, so it seems, keeps giving !!

Another excellent & very educational thread !! Thanks a lot !! :thumbsu:

W.o.w; I wish I was in the Matrix. Stick a pin in my neck, load the floppy and give it to me ......."he's like a machine, 24 hrs straight" !! :biggrin:

Is there more? Stick the floppy in ........ I'm all ears ...... !

Edited by Endeavor

• 3 weeks later...

Well i have to say this was a really fascinating read! So much to take in and learn here! Unfortunately i have nothing to add here except to cheer you on.

Will be interesting to follow and see if you manage to get it running as it should.

The best of luck to you with this watch!

Edit: on second thought i did read about a fellow with a similar problem a couple of weeks ago that had to re set the jewels for the pallet fork on a 75 year old watch. Would be interesting to see what would happen if you used the parts from watch 1 and assembled on main plate for watch 2. I dont know if its to any help but i guess anything is useful at this point?!

Edited by Muligans

6 hours ago, Muligans said:

Would be interesting to see what would happen if you used the parts from watch 1 and assembled on main plate for watch 2

Has been tried, but no difference. As soon as I have time and absorbed all the new information above, I will continue. I first wanted to get an USB microscope up and running, in the hope that I could study the escape-mechanism (and each individual part) better; that's done now; 

Now it's down to the study, so I get to know / understand better where to look at .........

Edited by Endeavor

@yankeedog; thank you for your suggestion ;) I know this thread has become very, very long, but we've invented a name for this check after Rodabod's idea: "The paper tissue trick". If you go back to page one, you'll see it being born :biggrin:

So far it's not clear to me whether the draw and lock is as it supposed to be. That, and more, I have to cover in my upcoming investigation.