Hello from France

manodeoro

Hi you all watch lovers

Today I've been searching for one of my oldest posts and I realised that I never introduced myself here :huh: so lets go now ...

Though I'm almost 59 I'm really new to the horology hobby and I came in by chance.

3 years ago I still was hard long distance runner ... and when I write long I mean looong, from marathon to 62 miles and more :biggrin:

On January 2016 I suddenly suffered from sciatica.

I went to  my doctor and he discovered I had a degenerative narrowing of the lumber vertebral canal :( something that would bring me to paralysis if not cared for.

So on January 2017 I've had a huge lumber surgery and had to stay at home for months.

As I really cant stay without doing anything, I searched my drawers, found some watches that had been there for years and begun trying to repair/refubrish these.

The convalescence, which should have lasted about 1 year, have been much longer than expected.

Today I'm OK, swimming and hicking again.

I've tried running short distance (when I write short I mean 6 miles and less) so I'll probably increase the distances and try a long trail in a few months, 

But I wont stop working on watches becausee I really love that hobby.

Thanks for reading

• Like 1

Hi manodeoro,

That is a hell of a thing to happen to you! My daughter just had six vertebrae fused together with rods because of her scoliosis. Seven months later and she is doing all the things she was... It's good your recovery is going well too.

It sounds like serendipity helped you find your passion for watches. I read that 'Work, is love made visible.' So when I 'work' on a watch, my 'love' for what I do is made visible. I'm sure that everyone on this forum has that same love for what they do regarding watches and/or clocks.