Anyone know the manufacturer if this movement

Hello,

New to the forum, I am just starting my first go with trying to repair a mechanical watch that got water in it and then stopped. 

However, the watch is an old watch 70s I think and doesn't have a clear manufacturer indicated. 

Wonder if anyone can help with what type of movement this is in case I need to order parts.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

IMG_20180906_003930.jpg

Hello Leelemon,

On this friendly forum before making a post for help or advice. We like new members to introduce themselves. Just say a little about what you do and about yourself.

We like that to go into the Introducing Yourself Here. This is the link.

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/forum/23-introduce-yourself-here/

It looks remarkably like an st 96. When I embarked on this hobby a few years ago I purchased of a well known auction site what I thought was genuine Tissots Titoni Oris etc only to find that someone in this big wide world has purchased hundreds of these movements, stamped one of the bridges with Tissot Oris or whatever and then got a group of schoolchildren to repaint the dials. That is not to say that the st 96 is not a reliable unit. Its just that I learnt the hard way. Not everything is what it seems. Sellers are reluctant to show the movement.

• Thanks 1