Tag Heuer Carrera Bezel Insert Replacement

A friend who received this watch from his now ex wife sold it to me for the crazy low price of $600.  It was a little banged up and I’m polishing the case to make it look better.  I would like to remove and replace the black bezel insert ring. When it’s removed I will be able to do some polish work around that portion of the case...two pretty bad dings pictured.  I’ve seen these Replacement rings online but cannot find any info on the replacement process.  Can anybody tell me if they are a simple pop in and out piece or if there is more to it?

Thanks 

3CFE3386-E60A-4C35-9139-468367D37824.jpeg

105C19AC-0B83-4DFE-A355-08EAEDABE3B6.jpeg

F4699390-9B97-4F7E-AD99-557EB2398DC7.jpeg

Thank you.  I’ve seen them advertised to snap in with no glue but who knows when dealing with aftermarket stuff.  Any idea of when it comes to that sort of disassembly would that all be done through the back?  The watch doesn’t appear to come apart in any way thru the front.  I don’t believe the bezel snaps off on these like the previous user mentioned.  

I’m struggling to find much online and would think it was easier since these black painted rings have undoubtedly been scratched. 

I believe the back of the aftermarket insert comes with a double sided tape. I doubt it's snap in. You only need to remove the back if you need to perform works like removing the crystal, movement and etc. But for bezel, it's on the front. You could use a butter knife mentioned above by clock boy, slot it into the gap of bezel and pry it but first tape the case and bezel with some duct tape to prevent scratching it. Luckily there's no spring underneath the bezel as this is a fixed tachymetre bezel. 

Thanks for the insight.  I asked about disassembly because this watches bezel almost lookis like it’s part of the case.  The seam is very tight and there is no portion machined out for a pry point.  It doesn’t look like I can get a razor blade in there let alone a butter knife.  It made me wonder if these parts had to be removed from the opposite end somehow...as unlikely as that seemed.  I will mess with it a little more and seek the help of a jeweler if I don’t feel like I can get it off. Given the price I was fortunate to pay I don’t think I can complain about investing a little more in it.

On 9/5/2018 at 7:47 AM, cheapcarrera said:

I post that and five minutes later I get it to pop off with a razor blade...haha.  Just had to be careful and work it around slowly.  This was one of those it’s easier to do when you know it can be done scenarios.

Thanks again

Glad to hear that it worked out for you!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I want to do the the same with my CV2010. Bezel is rather scuffed up after 10years of constant use. 

First where did you get the bezel from. 

Also could you post pics of where you put the razor blade and any technique. Struggling to pop mine off with a razor blade. 

Thanks.