Hour marker paint inquiry,Seamaster 684 ,586.0089

Omegatok5

Hello all,im new at trying to fix watches. This is my third attempt as my previous watches where so rusted internally that it wasnt worth it.But I recently got a Ladies Seamaster Automatic 684, 586.0089 1976 (according to the Omega web portal).

I was curious if anybody knew what the paint or material that is on the hour markers is??And if it was available somewhere to buy? or is it an obsolete way of face dial design? Since under a loop it has the appearance of sand glued on metal slivers. Can it be that the original paint degraded over the decades?

Sorry I couldn’t get really up close images.

Thank you for all the wisdom for this beginner,mario.

F15D266F-187A-4E0C-B9BA-C9D9B12EBFF5.jpeg

183473D6-A2A9-451C-8D85-6C9C0B738962.jpeg

7FF429C4-EFE4-462B-A0D3-0A70A79E81FC.jpeg

7 minutes ago, morningtundra said:

In 1976, lume material would have been tritium and phosphorus. But then I believe the dial at 6 o’clock would have been marked T Swiss T. Is that UV light in the third pic that makes it look purple?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Morningtundra , Ty for the reply. The third pic has a white LED as a light source, so the image did turn a bit purple. I took the pic through a loop with a light attachment. About the face dial being marked T for using that material of Tritium and phosphorus, yeah it would be looking different indeed. My question came about my original wonderment as what is the material used in this dial face (hour markers) . As if you can see the 5 o'clock hr marker is like coated with that black "paint" AND what looks like white residue paint..the only marker with it on top. The other markers have this white gunk but on their sides, but all random. Its almost like it had a white coating on the sides of the hr markers but all fell off. I was able to take a better closer pics with my loop and the zoom feature in my iphone ha.

So could it be that the dial did have some sort of white paint on the sides of each marker? Its hard to tell from the Omega site archive pic (bkl&white). I been trying to find an image of this same model watch but i keep getting other types.

If I cant figure it out then ill leave it as be and love the way it is, an old 70's baby. Ty for the help,Mario

image-vintage-ST-566-0089.jpg

IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1822.JPG