Timex manufactured in Great Britain

My wife has an old Timex watch that was her grandfathers. When I took it apart I could see inside the case cover it was stamped Great Britain Timex, but it also has the three letters KFW stamped in blue. Also would like to know what year this watch was manufactured and what movement it has in it. Thank you very much. Hope the pictures are clear enough. 

Forgot to add that on the dial it has the following numbers: 1605002414, tried looking it up in GOOGLE, but nothing. Thank you again. 

20180902_115558.jpg

20180902_115608.jpg

20180902_115624.jpg

Edited by 2lostsouls
Had to add the serial number to my post

1 hour ago, 2lostsouls said:

Thank you. Is there a way I can tell when it was manufactured and what movement it has? Thank you

Yes the small reference number at the bottom of the dial tells me your watch was produced in 1974 (its a 7 not a 1 )and has a calibre M24 movement fitted

you have a 1974 Timex "Mercury" with a number 24 movement.  I can see the dial is in poor condition, the seconds and is missing and the top left lug is bent.  Timex produced parts and made final assembly across its many world wide locations.   In general, case will have Great Britain stamped in them and you may see Germany as well.  Dials may have Great Britain, France, Portugal, West Germany.

Movements made in Dundee would say "Scotland".  You may also see "Mexico" or Philippines.  The ink stamp many times indicates where and when made.  But sometimes it is just the where.  Sadly, I have yet to come across any relied method on how to decipher "the where".

Is the watch running?