Timex watch

Roy

Please can any body help I am searching for a back to this watch which has been lost, I have been in touch with Timex via email explaining everything including a lost back, and received a reply " thank you for your email to help you please can you give the details on the back of the watch ie: serial No etc" I don't know who Timex employs or where they get them, I sent them another email with the same info and stressed about the back was missing but Never received any reply what so ever. Please has anybody out there who can give me any information which could help me try and get a back for the watch. Roy.

IMG_7130[1].JPG

IMG_7131[1].JPG

5 hours ago, Roy said:

Please can any body help I am searching for a back to this watch which has been lost, I have been in touch with Timex via email explaining everything including a lost back, and received a reply " thank you for your email to help you please can you give the details on the back of the watch ie: serial No etc" I don't know who Timex employs or where they get them, I sent them another email with the same info and stressed about the back was missing but Never received any reply what so ever. Please has anybody out there who can give me any information which could help me try and get a back for the watch. Roy.

okay Roy, let first discuss the request you made to Timex.  Did you give them an idea of when the watch was made?  reason is like most any manufactures, maintaining an inventory of parts is costly. So the time frame they keep parts is limited.  Now take into account your watch is from 1971 - 1973, would it be practical for them to have parts for 40+ years?  

Now back to the missing back, and BTW you are missing the rotating bezel was well.  I'm about 99.99% sure I have the back.

DSC08861.JPG

Thank you clockboy for your for your reply. My measurement to the inside is 30.93mm and to the lip where it will clips in is 32.16mm . Thank you Jersey Mo for your reply, I can understand the Timex remark you say but having told them the back was missing in three emails all they needed to tell me was "Sorry,but we are unable to answer your request due to the age of the watch" The rotating bezel is the one shown with the two holes.  everything works on the watch and keeps good time, just the back is missing. Thanks again. 

3 hours ago, Roy said:

Thank you Jersey Mo what does the rotating bezel do and look like and where would it go. I just thought that the watch was complete as it runs perfect.  Roy.

I am referring to the black plastic ring around the dial side of the case.  These are called elapsed time rings and can be used to mark when a certain amount of time within one hour has past from the current time.

Since your case is that of a European model "note the 25 Meters", it may not have the feature of the time ring.  The ring fits to the case by way of lip. So you should see an indent or cutout that goes all the way around the area.

Here are two cases, one that requires a ring and one that does not. 

DSC08870.JPG

DSC08869.JPG

DSC08871.JPG