Sourcing an obscure acrylic crystal - Fontana Automatic

JBerry

Hi guys,

I can't seem to find a suitable replacement crystal for this watch online, it was a gift from my late mother to my father so I would really like to get the watch fixed up.

It is a barrel shaped acrylic crystal, dimensions are on the picture, and you can see the crystal includes a circular support, which adheres the crystal to the case.

The watch has an FE 4611A movement for those interested

I really appreciate any help,ideas or sources you can provide

IMG_6562.JPG

IMG_6563.JPG

1 hour ago, ro63rto said:

Have you downloaded the Sternkreuz catalogue on Cousins site?
Loads of obscure crystals in there.

I was sure I had checked, but not well enough! Thanks very much, it looks to be a good match for a Sternkreuz FT261376. Fingers crossed Cousins can source it for me!

Edited by JBerry

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hi as an addition a pertaining to the assembly of a 6319B  which will be handy for those working on this caliber Polly's 6139 guide.pdf
    • Casio MDV106G-1AV Gold DURO200 I'm going on a long family vacation to Southeast Asia this summer and wanted a cheap but reliable beater in case I lose it, break it, or get robbed. Quartz movements aren't my thing, but I'm not dogmatic and this was a cheap option. A few years ago you could buy it for under $50, but since this particular model with the Marlin fish has been discontinued, you have to pay about double that, but I still thought it was acceptable. Sure, I could wear one of my cheap and very reliable Vostok Amphibian divers watches, but I have a personal relationship with them (having put a lot of work into them) and don't want to risk losing them. Strangely, I feel very excited. Maybe because I haven't bought a brand-new watch in over 10 years! 😀 The only downside is that this is the watch Bill Gates has been seen wearing, and I'm not exactly a fanboy of Bill Gates. Anyway, who cares!?
    • This post has some pictures that describe how to get the spring back into the setting without having to disassemble anything.  With patience, this approach works.  The advice that the spring will ‘float’ back in when positioned just right is spot on. If you try to push it so it flexes and pops back into the setting, it’ll probably just fly away, as you’ve already found.  Hope that helps, Mark
    • I recognize myself all too well. It takes a lot of experience and discipline to recognize when it's time to cancel and come back at a later time. Very well said! We should have a forum dedicated to this topic as it is critical to achieve success when working on watches. It's a lot more important than most other things related to watch repair. And yes, just a short break can make a world of difference!
    • Hello Wai and welcome to the forum. A little information to enlighten you a little more TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf