Does anyone love Seiko Divers as much as I do?

Docbondo

They are fantastic divers watches ,Seiko have always offered good value dependable watches and I have quite a few in my collection both quartz and automatics, the only fly in the ointment with Seiko as a company is there tendency to change models and designs like I change my socks this can make it impossible to get case parts, bezel inserts or bracelet links for even very recent models because no one carrys the spares because Seiko dont produce them once a model is dropped from the range.

• 2 months later...

Nothing wrong with a Seiko diver (or any other Seiko pretty much!). And spares can often be found, although they do take some finding at times, the divers are normally pretty well covered. Although to be honest I’ve been looking for a chapter ring for a 7A28-702a for about two years now... one will turn up one day I’m sure (I hope).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have a Seiko diver. It's a fairly early XKS007 being manufactured in October, 1997. My experience with it has been generally good and it kept excellent time prior to suffering a mainspring mishap. Repairs are pretty simple with that model though. Oddly enough in my case, I prefer mechanical watches for my divers. I have more than a few quartz watches for other daily wearers.

• 2 months later...

Well let's see those Seiko mods folks!! Replaced the original 7S26 movement with a 7S36 due to failure of the original after 22 years with only one maintenance. My bad! New aftermarket hands with Super-LumiNova, custom coin edge bezel from 316L stainless steel, green aftermarket insert and a new double seal crown. Lots of fun with this one.

SKX2_50.jpg

Edited by TexasDon
spelling
  • Like 2

I do love a Seiko currently I have 2 in my collection a 1978 (not a dive watch)

46969151971_55f449a8fd_b.jpg

and a Japanese 007 seen here chillin in the snow, it came to me as a 'non runner' but actually all it was missing was the plastic ring that holds the movement in place! I got a new one from Cousins and it doesn't miss a beat!

47167658631_bc84966ccc_b.jpg

• Like 3