Quick crown screw question

Gary

Hi Everyone!

I have a question about a crown screw. I have never worked on a movement with a crown screw like the one in the photo. Is this going to require a special tool? Since I don't have the movement in hand it makes it difficult to tell but I thought someone could share their insight, please ?

Thanks in advance !

Gary48732a35c969e7317df5ff4a96989769.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Screw heads have broken of. jnash is right with tweezers but use an old pair, not sure about pegwood as it breaks, You might try a small screwdriver, but blade will get damaged. Anything in your workshop that can be uses to uncrew the little blighters that you can use. Depending how tight they are. A little oil might help. If you can take that bridge off and have a look from the other side that might help. 

There are crown wheel screws that act as the hub which have two holes and can be unscrewed with some stubby tweezers (brass or nickel are good) or carefully with round nosed pliers. 99.9% of the time left hand thread. There were specific tools back in the day too, similar to ones used to disassemble the two piece barrel arbors on floating barrels.

But on yours it looks to me like the center part is positioned by two pins and held with one screw. It may be broken but might also may be screwed from the underside.