Timex M25 what to start first???

Ianh

see that brass recessed screw?  Well that is one and the other is the other end.

you unscrew the one and if I recall the books states "the cup" gets half way full.  Than you raise the balance and add some oil to the other end.  If you follow the tech manual they tell you to remove the balance during cleaning. but it is really not needed and it does take some time to get the hang of taking out the wedge pin and even more to get it back in.

So what I do it unscrew the one side and for the other I use a thin strip of mainspring coil and slide it in between the balance shaft.

To demagnetize your must get a demagnetizer but, don't worry about this step to much.  I rarely find it to be any difference when dealing with a fast running vintage Timex.

so let see if this helps out.  

Oiled the end caps and it keeping good time, the only problem now is the sweep second hand keeps falling off and now I have lost it!

As I have a two more of my old Timex to try and get going I have noticed a second hand  is missing on one of them as well.

The two other watches have a chequered pattern on the faces one black face the other gold coloured.

Can I buy second hands and what size are they?

Also can I get the fingers re-lumed as it’s all come off.

sorry for so many questions.

Thanks

The issue with the sweep is that there is no center tube and when they get pulled off the hole can get distorted some.

to fix this, just lay it on flat metal surface and peen down the center hole with a jewelers hammer.

No place to buy just the hands so you have to build up a supply of donor watches.  Or look for NOS parts lots that do come up now and than.

• 2 years later...
On 8/22/2018 at 7:47 PM, Ianh said:

Well I stripped the watch managed to get the movement working, but I never took any pictures, so what goes where and what order Help please.

6DA9E037-E5DE-4A9F-A301-746E4C60184A.jpeg

Hi, how did you get the movement running? I have the TImex Rally, but it is the same m25 movement.