Timex M25 what to start first???

Ianh

I never repaired any Timex. I think this is right. After placing the parts and calendar, dial . To place the hands in the correct place, pull stem out to set hands and turn until the calender jumps over and fit hands at 12 o'clock.

44444.jpg

be sure you have the date wheel ass'y right side up.

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

I never repaired any Timex. I think this is right. After placing the parts and calendar, dial . To place the hands in the correct place, pull stem out to set hands and turn until the calender jumps over and fit hands at 12 o'clock.

44444.jpg

dang - your spot on :)  would only add that the date wheel assembly goes in before cannon pinion.

9 minutes ago, Ianh said:

Yep that’s the one I have but on a M25 movement?

no you are working on a 105 and it does not make much difference.  You have the date wheel assembly upside down is my guess.

Take a look at it and note that one side has a tapered tip.  This is the side that goes in first.  Be-sure to place this in before inserting the cannon pinion too.  Speaking of which there are actually two parts there. So before you install anything else slip on the cannon pinion and pull the stem to set mode.  It should turn very freely will little to no resistance.  If it does than want you should do is split the two parts with the use of a very thin blade such as an xacto knife.  The one I use has been blunted to prevent cutting myself.  Once apart dot the inner tube with oil and refit the two parts.  Retest and they should be nice and smooth.  If you still feel it is tight or not just right have a look at the minute wheel assembly teeth as they may have worn due to the tight fit of the cannon pinion.

BTW:  I just happen to have one of these "Coke Bezel" divers on the bench and one was completed last week.  These are quite popular because Timex re-issued them as quartz with Indiglo about a year or two ago.

DSC08772.JPG

DSC08773.JPG

DSC08774.JPG

DSC08775.JPG

DSC08776.JPG

DSC08777.JPG

• Thanks 1

well now on second look that is a 25 which tells me the model you are working on was not sold in the US. No matter, the instructions are the same. check the date wheel and the fit of the canon pinion.  Another tip is to lube the area under the rocker and grease the stem tube and set lever too.

so quick history, Timex had the #24 and decided to add the date feature and thus the #25.  Which is built much like the 24 but with a few mods.

fast forward tot he 70's and they had the bright idea ( I blame the bean counters) that they could make the movement for less money by changing the click.  Yeah they changed it alright and made it out of a thin bit of spring steel and it is the first part to wear.

Also the they elongated the shaft of the fourth wheel.  This allowed for the movements to be fitted into deeper cases and other such changes they were making at the time.  All in all the method Timex used was to have a base model that could be added on to  add other features to the watch.  They even did did with the cases latter on.  Well you see I have too much Timex in my head.:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it looks to me that the detent spring may not be engaged to the date ring.  Or the date wheel is not sitting properly on the four posts.

So first try it without the date ring in place.  Pull the crown and turn it to simulate time setting and while doing so you should see the date wheel turn.  That little pin on the wheel is what actually advances the ring.  got it?