Date wheel swop for ETA 805.112

Got a replacement movement for a dead ETA 805.112 but I the date wheel is aligned differently as on the watch the stem is located at the 12th min position instead of 15th.

I plan to swop out the date wheel on the dead movement to the new one.

Is this even possible at all? The movement looks very simple with not much access.

0dfbfc7c98478130279f869aff7bfb87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what you are asking. If you mean changing a date wheel that was originally in the 15 mins past window but now is being fitted with the window at the 30 mins past window then no because the numerals will not be facing in the right orientation. Changing the date wheel is not the issue.

I don't think that is possible to remove the date disc on this. If you look the plastic is melted over the plate that holds the disc. I would take the coils and circuit and put that on the old movement. Hope that it works. 

I don't think that is possible to remove the date disc on this. If you look the plastic is melted over the plate that holds the disc. I would take the coils and circuit and put that on the old movement. Hope that it works. 

Good idea!

Unfortunately the original was an older version I think that uses a 397 battery while the replacement a 377 so the circuit is different.

I had managed to scrap the melted plastic off the old one and remove the date wheel. Waiting for the weekend to do the “transplant”.

Thank for nudging me in the right direction.

Reporting back.

It can’t work bcos the date wheel for the old movement looks shallower than the newer 805.112 that runs on 377 battery.

Consolation was that a typo error while searching online for a compatible 805.114 landed me a 805.144 and it’s the same circuit for the 397 so I can just swop out the circuit board.

Awaiting for the movement to arrive to try it out.