Which silicone gasket grease?

PeterS

Is there much difference between silicone gasket greases? I see that they are generally sold in sponge applicators but I’m not sure which grease to pick, too many choose from, Moebius 8513, Molykote 111, Seiko TSF-451, Silicon 7… just to name a few.
Any recommendations?

43 minutes ago, noirrac1j said:

I use KT-22 and it works well. It is designed as micro lubricant for winding gear, but also serves as a moisture sealer for gaskets. 

J

Thanks, I’m guessing they are all good, kind of ‘take your pick’

36 minutes ago, mlfloyd1 said:

I would think that the sponge style would eventually dry out which is why I look for a jar or tube.
It doesn’t take much and it lasts a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea, screw on lid to keep it sealed, put the gasket in, twist the lid few times and it’s greased. For my occasional use it’s probably more than I need. I guess I could load it with more grease when it dries/runs out.

KT22 is not good for greasing up rubber. Us e Fomblin silicon grese insted. Or Use Seiko which i prefer myself. 

KT22 is for keyless work and stem. Some use it for the rotor but haven't tested that . Think it will get dirty fast. 

4 hours ago, rogart63 said:

KT22 is not good for greasing up rubber. Us e Fomblin silicon grese insted. Or Use Seiko which i prefer myself. 

KT22 is for keyless work and stem. Some use it for the rotor but haven't tested that . Think it will get dirty fast. 

Oh I didn't know that. I've used bergeon kt22 it on my gaskets with no detriment (as of yet), and although it is a heavy grease,  I don't use it on rotors. Maybe I should try the fomblin grease....

J

• Like 1

• 1 month later...