Quartron - 355 Battery - Replacement

JerseyMo

Quartron?   My research indicates the name  was copyrighted in 1969 by Timex.  But, I've never seen the name on any

watch dial other the 5 I have in my collection.  I acquired these some years back via a large lot of watches and parts from the estate of a former Timex

engineer that worked in the "Electric" watch division.  Once I got around to opening one up the first issue was how to find a button battery that would fit.

It wasn't until a year or two ago that I learned the size was a 355, which of course is no longer available.  The second issue was that the electronic circuit board

had no components on it.  After some closer inspection I had saw that the board design was very similar to that of those used in the model 85 electronics of the same era.

With a little bit if fiddling and the use of a micro soldering iron I was able to refit a 85 board into one of these prototypes.   ( I will get around in another post oh how this was done)

As for the battery, it just took some Rodico the fill in the gaps and off it when running for the very first time.  The case is very large at 46.5 MM and I've matched it with an NOS 1970's

bracelet as well.

DSC08742.JPG

DSC08743.JPG

DSC08745.JPG

DSC08746.JPG

Edited by JerseyMo
added information
  • Like 2