Werid watch luck

Hey im very new to this channel but i love watches and hace been having the worst luck with the watches i buy......on fossil watch i have the hands completely fell off are literaly floating around in the case......years later bye another watch same exact thing happend....i dont know if its me or someone telling me hey its 2018 stop using a watch lol..but then i buy a more expensive automatic watch the damn couter weight gets loose.....SONEONE PLEASE HELP....btw i have a G-Shock where the digital works but the  hands are all wrong 

The first lesson is to avoid fashion watches. They’re really not made to last.

The next is to save for something a little more robust. Perhaps a tool watch designed for harsh conditions. The G Shock is a start. What’s wrong with the hands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Buy (new or used) in watched is Seiko. 

If you want an automatic, you get a long pedigree, in-house movement (which is a big deal all of a sudden) excellent quality control, excellent fit and finish. 

If you have the means, Grand Seiko will go toe to toe with the Swiss (and German) boutique brands. They leave Rolex and Omega in the dust. 

Dont buy another Fossil. Ever. 

Hello and welcome to this forum Jjersy973

I have a solar powered G-shock which is absolutely amazing.

The only problem with it is that the adjustments are so difficult for a moron like me and the instruction booklet is very difficult to understand.

However, I have to answer to that problem as soon as I realise that something is amiss I get my son to adjust it for me. He always say " Dad just read the book, It's easy "

I think the answer will be somewhere in the instruction as I had the same problem and my son put it right with no difficulty.

all the best, Mike

Edited by Alaskamick
To correct the recipients name

Yeah, I pick up watch lots with Fossil's hands floating around inside.  I even reinstalled them and they still come off so I agree, Fossil has quality problems.  Too bad actually as some of them look nice.  I've never had an issue with a Casio.  They are good watches.  If the hands don't move it may need a battery.  Some of those watches have two batteries.  One for the digital and one for the analog movements.  Just don't recall on the Casio.  I would vote with Tudor above, it's hard to go wrong with a Seiko.  In fact just about all the Citizen, Orient, Seiko, and even some of the Invicta (my opinion guys!) watches are great value for the bucks.  That's my 2¢'s worth anyway.  Your mileage may vary.  :)