Question

I have a question about a Rolex 1225....I am very curious about the screw just above the mounting screw for the balance cock...it seems to serve no purpose (I know I am mistaken!!) other then to spin about...it does not seem to regulate the watch nor lock the regulator arm...could you please tell me its proper use...thanks

Hsg03VKkQvqSK%V4M9seeA.jpg

4 answers to this question

Its to help with fine adjustment of the regulator its not actually connected to anything you line the slot up with a gap in the teeth on the regulator then use a screwdriver blade to turn the regulator it stops the balance cock getting marked when adjusting and keeps the blade in the slot so it cant slip.

6 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

My Rolex has stopped. Can someone help me? What do I do? It's this Rolex watch:

First you tap it with a hammer, if that doesn't help you introduce yourself to the forum. Perhaps then somebody may suggest a new battery?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I have this vintage Seiko digital LCD watch from around 1985. The "dial" seems to be very dirty and I'm wondering how I can go about cleaning it. It looks like its mostly dirt and grime. What can I use to clean it? I tried looking around for a NOS dial with no luck...
    • Another mistake.. bent the spring the wrong side... i had to cut it off and bend it again however it seems that I fixed the mainspring and the clock started to work. Yes it is shorter now by 10-15 mm but it works. I am really happy. VID_20190221_231500.mp4
    • You can replace acrylic crystals on a lot of vintage watches with just a clawed crystal lift tool. Nice and compact, cheap too. https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/round-glasses-superior
    • Your Seiko Watch is considered a very inexpensive watch by even Seiko standards. We recently had discussions on Seiko watches and timekeeping there is an exact procedures Seiko recommends for timing. Casually your numbers are super good for a watch of this grade. Then tech sheets are really handy because this watch is using what's known as the etachron system. This is why I quoted something above on a normal watch you can push on the spring to get things in alignment but with this system both the stud can be rotated and you can rotate the regulator pins. You're supposed to have a special tool but you can do with tweezers. That makes it considerably easier to get things in alignment it also makes it much easier for those not paying attention to get things out of alignment. Then this " smart phone regulator " Thing you're talking about does it tell you if your watches in beat or not?  
    • Normally changing a battery is really simple so if somebody sells you A watch just needing A new battery because they were too lazy to do it, that is strange? Just think you put the battery in the watch is running it increases in value dramatically so maybe they weren't telling the truth? Then we need the model number of the movement telling us that it is a Tissot PRS516 Isn't super helpful because according to link below and it's more like a series of watches. So there should be a model number on the back side of the movement itself.  AndyHull Gave you some good starting answers. 101 make sure you have power to the watch. But there are some additional electrical checks once you verify that Then there is the mechanical aspects. Just because the watch looks clean doesn't mean by quartz watch standards that it's going to function. Mechanical watches have lots of power things aren't quite right they might not run right but they will usually run through all this things that aren't right. The quartz watches are really critical on how clean things are lubrication one speck of dust in the wrong place depending upon the watches enough to stop it almost. So their way less tolerance for mechanical Issues which you can't worry about it until you verify the electronics is working. https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-en/shop/all-our-watches/t-sport/tissot-prs-516.html