Need a Pocketwatch with a broken staff

Tmuir

Over the next few months I (or possibly longer depending on my skill) I need to machine a balance staff and fit it to a pocket watch for my watch course.

I've gone through all my pocket watch movements I have and most have good staffs and those that don't have too many other problems to want to attempt to fix.

If anyone comes across a reasonable quality pocket watch that other than a broken staff doesn't have too much else wrong with it please let me know as I'm loath to remove a good staff from a balance just so I can try and make a replacement.

I've started trawling ebay, but haven't come across any yet that are of nice enough quality I want to invest a lot of time and effort in making a staff for that the sellers doesn't want too much for.

I'm sure there probably is one for sale on ebay, its just my searches haven't found it yet, so if you come across one please let me know.

I would prefer a pocket watch that has the jewels fitted in chatons, but not one that is overly expensive.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't break the forum rules as I'm just asking people to help me find a pocket watch for sale that meets my needs on ebay, not asking for people to sell me anything via the forum, but if it does please delete my post.

This weekend I hope to find time to make a trial new mounting board for my BTM watchmakers lathe to see if the Chinese sewing machine motor I bought will work with my lathe.

If it does then I will buy some nice wood and build a better quality base as the motor I currently have with my lathe has no speed control and runs a bit slow and I need to replace this before I attempt to turn a balance staff.

I won the pocket watch I wanted.

It's Swiss of reasonable quality and from the photos other than the broken balance staff I can't see anything obviously wrong, of course the jewels could be broken under the balance staff, but I'll find that out when it arrives.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ANTIQUE-GENTS-OPEN-FACE-POCKET-WATCH-/392101869795?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=oZxjZV%2BqZEhnkGjEDMhqfs0Js7M%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

In the mean time I'm busy making all the different types of gravers you need to make a balance staff. I'll be sure to take photos and post of my progress. (Or lack there of)