New Member - Hi!

MattWatch

Hi All,

So I found you guys as I was looking online for some images of a movement I am in the process of re-assembling.  What I actually found was a doc on here which takes me through re-assembling the thing step by step!!!!  I feel like I've come to the right place :)

I got into watches a couple of years or so ago through a friend (I guess that's how it often goes) that has a few nice watches.  I wouldn't say I'm a collector as such though, my main area of interest is restoration.  Taking an old watch that looks unloved and fit for the bin and turning it into something that will be appreciated and cherished.  Up to now this has been primarily cosmetic work, I must have bought restored and sold over 150 watches now, however I am now starting to move more into the mechanicals and would eventually like to get to the point where I can comfortably strip down, service and re-assemble a mechanical watch unaided.    

The first step in that process is the project I mentioned above.  A Favre Leuba Twin Power that is currently in bits and I am re-assembling, now aided by a fantastically detailed doc someone took the time to put together.

Given my hobby and area of interest, I think I could be spending quite a bit of time here in the future!!!!!!  Mainly asking silly questions at first I expect, please bear with me.

All the best

Matt