Movement holder

bojan1990

Hello,

since working with my no-name movement holder has became a nightmare, I am looking for something better. If there is any possibility, I would like to buy something used, but if not, I will go for a new one holder.

I was mainly looking for something like Bergeon 4040, because I could use if for almost any man's movement I will work on. Any alternatives?

Here in Germany I mainly look for used or new watchmaker equipment on eBay. Anybody from Germany with some better idea where to look? Since new Bergeon 4040 costs about 25 Euros plus 18 Euros shipping.

I use this holder, it's basic but does the trick for most wrist watches.

A quick search on ebay germany showed the holder on sale there for 22 euros, plus 3 euros for shipping... ;) (not my item, no relationship to the seller, do your research. link provided purely as an example: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Bergeon-Movement-Holder-4040/382540326119?epid=1762484388&hash=item59112e24e7:g:028AAOSwa81Z53a6)

I HATE the generic clamp type movement holders. I have gone to dedicated ones as much as I can, and I will make those I can't get.

It seems the clamps are always in the way of something, don't secure the movement well and are a general pain in the @$$ to use.

Yes, it is a bit of an investment, but if you are working on Eta 28xx or Rolex 15xx or 30-31xx movements, new and used dedicated holders are not that expensive. By NOT dropping a freshly worked movement due to falling out of the "clamp" you pay for it. I didn't like spending that money, but it was WELL spent. I've wasted more on lesser junk.

• Like 1