The main spring is lossing it moment

Cheers Mates!!

Working on a Tudor Oyster Prince with ref no: 2081/4     with a ETA 2784 movment.

Cleaned and inspected, all looks good, no sign of wear and tear on the main spring, no sharps bend, looks overall good. Noticed that there where some marks on the barrel wall. But that I have seen before witout any drama....

Oiled it , put togeher , goes like a dream..... but the the spring does not stick, it snaps over after 6,5 turns by crown.

So the question is:

Can I just replace the main spring?

Can I just replace the main spring and do something with the barrel walls ?

Buy a new barrel with spring? Is it to be sourced?

Ref 9081/4 is the ETA 2784

20180802_095425.jpg

x.jpg

If the barrel is visibly worn there's not a lot to do except replace it. If it's your watch you can hit the walls with 20micron lapping film and get another year or so out of it.

What braking grease are you using?

I imagine a complete barrel for that caliber is easily found.

It would've been nice to get a picture of the barrel walls we could see what you're talking about? Then I have the same question already been asked type of breaking grease used? Then regarding breaking grease a recent discussion on that found that the link below.

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/9490-regarding-automatic-mainspring/#comment-87137

Hello everybody !!   And thanks for all good information that I have got from this. I usualy dont do nothing on the barrel wall...I clean and use some D5 on a tissue paper that I drag the spring thrue, and som drops of 9010 on the bottom and top inside the barrel.

This is a client watch, and for me now, I think the best way is to replace the spring and barrel complete. Problem solved.

So if somebody knows where to find a barrel complete it would be greate....  nickelsilver  ??