Timegrapher microphone

Simonkitch

you need to know what the input characteristics of your microphone input is in other words what is the device expecting? Then the schematic versus the breadboard at least as far as the resistor goes isn't the same value? then is that the same transistor and we need the pin out of the transistor because casually something doesn't quite look right?

you need to know what the input characteristics of your microphone input is in other words what is the device expecting? Then the schematic versus the breadboard at least as far as the resistor goes isn't the same value? then is that the same transistor and we need the pin out of the transistor because casually something doesn't quite look right?

Omg this is much harder than I thought it would be [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

526fe1435d55533e73f68e3d7c196305.jpg
Okay I changed my resistor and it works now. Decided to try out this op amp build and so far getting great feedback on my speakers. However, I’m having difficulty getting my MacBook or iPhone to recognize this as a mic.

Even though I just noticed it up above I have a link which shows the input just not the characteristics I was looking for? So they swap the ground in the input. To answer a question get out a meter and measure the voltage between the ground and the input if there's voltage present then it's expecting a capacitive microphone which is why the transistor circuit worked because it's being powered by the device. If using up op amp you have to have a capacitor on the input because you do not want the power going back into your op amp.

https://superuser.com/questions/361980/recording-with-audio-input-macbook-air

Even though I just noticed it up above I have a link which shows the input just not the characteristics I was looking for? So they swap the ground in the input. To answer a question get out a meter and measure the voltage between the ground and the input if there's voltage present then it's expecting a capacitive microphone which is why the transistor circuit worked because it's being powered by the device. If using up op amp you have to have a capacitor on the input because you do not want the power going back into your op amp.
https://superuser.com/questions/361980/recording-with-audio-input-macbook-air

Okay maybe I wasn’t clear enough. Let me explain. Both the transistor and the op amp works with or without the batteries on my speaker via the aux in.

However the problem comes when attaching the 3.5mm plug to my MacBook, and when attaching the 3.5mm plug to my lightning adaptor and to my iPhone. Either ways they don’t get detected as mics.

51 minutes ago, Jameson said:

Anyone has success plugging this into a MacBook and getting it detected as a mic?

I'm guessing the answer is no. Out of curiosity if you can get it to go into the MacBook is there an application for it?

I'm guessing the answer is no. Out of curiosity if you can get it to go into the MacBook is there an application for it?

Yeah I figured. I’m able to get my mic working with speakers and windows computers, but when it comes to my iPhone X, I’m stuck, and I have the timegrapher app. And then I realized that it wouldn’t work with my MacBook as well. Hence my question as to whether anyone has got it to work with Apple because I think Apple has some restrictions. Dang.

It's one of the ancient classic problems IBM versus Apple. IBM open source Apple closed. May not apply to your MacBook but typically in the past PCs were more open for technical documentation versus Apple. Which unfortunately is not a helpful answer for you at all.

Then went back to we need to technical specifications for the microphone for your MacBook. PC computers are expecting capacitive microphones in a variety of circuits. Is a lot of variation of what actually it's expecting.

Searching the Internet I found a few things zero idea whether it's a going be any help at all. There is a reference to USB though I wonder if you could use a USB audio input?

https://www.musiconerd.com/single-post/How-to-use-an-external-mic-on-a-Macbook-Pro-2019

This one is different but it's also interesting is a reference to meeting the headphone to get the microphone to work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k1MfRs8DlI

It's one of the ancient classic problems IBM versus Apple. IBM open source Apple closed. May not apply to your MacBook but typically in the past PCs were more open for technical documentation versus Apple. Which unfortunately is not a helpful answer for you at all.
Then went back to we need to technical specifications for the microphone for your MacBook. PC computers are expecting capacitive microphones in a variety of circuits. Is a lot of variation of what actually it's expecting.
Searching the Internet I found a few things zero idea whether it's a going be any help at all. There is a reference to USB though I wonder if you could use a USB audio input?
https://www.musiconerd.com/single-post/How-to-use-an-external-mic-on-a-Macbook-Pro-2019
This one is different but it's also interesting is a reference to meeting the headphone to get the microphone to work?

Will look into it. Thanks so much!