Casing issue

So here's this case. The lugs are their own separate piece and the crystal comes off but now it doesn't want to budge.... I thought the crown was supposed to pull out but this doesn't move. There's no way to get to the movement either.... Any ideas? 134d9b768fb362e182aec4aa6d571caa.jpg8da1af7fa218ec7c98af1f6e8ad4e04e.jpg5d0e3e6d46e3bdd540262eea130feeec.jpg

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

It should be a two-piece stem, it sometimes takes a lot of force to remove.

Having said that, I had a Wyler on the bench which I assumed takes a 2-piece stem but unfortunately someone had replaced it with a one piece stem which broke. How the previous guy did it was to place the movement in the case sans keyless works and install the stem and keyless stuff with the movement in the case. The dial was then glued on and hands, crystal etec installed.

Good luck

Anilv

Yes many things it was indeed a two-piece stem I just needed a little extra elbow grease to get out.

Now the problem is that it seems the movement is maybe too small for the case itself. It runs beautifully when out of the case, then I put it in the case I put the glass on and it just it won't run it just doesn't want to run I mean if I twist it a little bit you know it'll run for a bit but other than that it's being very stubborn.

I'll Include pictures of the movement and case the movement, I was surprised actually, is a very nice AS 1198 in a brevet 974 case. I was surprised because it was a whole lot of pin pallet escapement, one jewel movements and a bunch of junk and that just happened to be the diamond in the rough right there.

Also included is the other crap I got. Cleaned and fixed up a couple but this and the one showed are the only two salvageable ones.

Also actually is this Worldman Calendar pin pallet one jewel but I was so excited to get working on the lot the seconds hand flew off and is somewhere around the room. Unfortunately for me too it's carpeted so I might find it I might not... Live and learn as they say. Also I believe I'm pretty sure I strip the hair spring on the world man because it's running extremely fast and I cannot regulate it so I'm trying to fix the hair spring on it which is of course a nightmare on a these cheapies but I'm doing what I can39ae5a724ca706e3badd4741cb6561d7.jpgb88c70b9f89c26fa56d6c9a0362078b1.jpg5d535558915ccd52e9e30ee38199b329.jpg7ac2b3578c40f18a24ac1456832a85ce.jpg

When it comes to fault finding you need to work in stages. So the obvious first, check the case for dents, make sure the dial isn’t bent or pinching anything. Try the movement in the case minuses the dial, then add dial and one hand at a time. Is the glass correct. That sort of thing. It is a process of elimination.  

• Like 1

Ok now a new car problem... I'm thinking I'll need a crystal list for this one but it doesn't seem like it's that old that they would have used a front loading movement. There's a clear snap back case but I don't see where it would open in the front. The movement though doesn't want to come out of this. It's a Helbros base in West Germany. Wonderful movement. I looked up the symbol and it's an Annemasse P76. At least the Symbol looks identical to the Annemasse symbol. I know it will run I'm trying to clean it but I can't get it out of the darn case!

I can't thank you guys enough for all the help you've given me! And with prompt responses as well... This place really is a treasure trove and of a value I could never appraise. I want to go into an apprenticeship but the options are severely lacking here in the states. Oh what I wouldn't give to live in Europe... Anyway thanks

11bf9393372d6f4a213d2d65bc738803.jpg2e26a21feca497c3680a975a38c0de94.jpg666c30005927398e680bc66a85aaf15f.jpg