Help Identifying Model Of Bulova

Billiards

Nope. it's not a Beau Brummell. Even though they have very similar dials.

There are a couple of noticeable differences:

1) The case design is slightly different.

a) No visible lugs on the Beau Brummell.

b ) Beau Brummell uses a standard rectangular domed crystal. Mine is rectangular with a wave in it (case profile matches the wavy crystal).

2) The Beau Brummell uses a 8AC movement. Mine uses the 7AP.

Edited by Billiards

Hey Billiards,

Wow really? It is  mystery then. The three ruby and diamond dial are usually reserved for Beau Brummell and Bulova itself have been inconsistent in something as straightforward as the spelling of the name which points to  difficulty in ID-ing this model in particular. Do you know anything about who owned the watch before you?  The case design is Art Deco, but the 7AP movement and the year, put it earlier than Beau Brummell. This movement can be found in a bunch of Bulovas including the Curvex, President, Minuteman, and the like. Keep in mind that the B.B.. came in many flavors: hidden lugs, exposed lugs, Round case, square case, stainless steel, rolled-gold, etc. The one thing that is common to all is the dial with stones--either diamond/ 3-rubies or all diamonds.

JC 

Edited by noirrac1j

The date symbol on the movement puts this one at 1937. 

I don't know anything more about it. The previous owner didn't have any additional information. I don't think they made the Beau Brummell in 1937. I could be wrong though.

Still, I really wish I knew more about it. I've got it up for sale for $225.00. Someone will see it and appreciate it enough to make it their own.

• 5 years later...