• 8 months later...

What is so keen about Vostok watches, is that they are inexpensive, have rugged simple ( and per some accurate)  movements, and highly moddable. You can change straps, bezels, probably hands too. Basically you can customize the watch to fit your personality. Small wonder they have a cult following. You may call  it a gateway fiending into horology and watch collection. And these watches due to low prices can be addicting. And that is not a bad thing.

Edited by cfc313
left words out
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

To the original poster, sorry to bug, but do you still have the watch from the opening post? I've actually just started hunting for that exact configuration. I've seen a number of variants with different bezels, dial markings, and hands, but yours is precisely what I was hoping to track down.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:38 PM, JustinMFrost said:

To the original poster, sorry to bug, but do you still have the watch from the opening post? I've actually just started hunting for that exact configuration. I've seen a number of variants with different bezels, dial markings, and hands, but yours is precisely what I was hoping to track down.

Yep, I still have it! 😃

Hi VWatchie,

Interesting thread you started and thank you for walkthroughs on Russian watches, it helps a lot to newbies like me.

I just got the one below as a gift from a friend. Bought a donor movement from eBay to replace a couple of wheels that were somehow destroyed. I clean it, polish a little bit the crystal, restored the hour and minute hands and put a new second hand. Now, it´s my everyday watch and running strong.

Interesting posts about the Russian oils, it would be interesting to know if someone use it and observe a change in the performance. So far, I used those oils as recommended by Mark.

Anyone knows where to get crystal and gaskets for Komandirskie?

Wostok 4.jpg

Wostok 5.jpg

Wostok 1.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 2:41 AM, HectorLooi said:

https://meranom.com/en/komandirskie-classic/komandirskie-classic-watch-parts/

I've bought gaskets and a winding stem from them before.

Good advice, and you can find these parts on eBay as well which can be a bit faster depending on where you live in the world. Just search eBay for "komandirskie crystal" and "komadirskie gaskets".

On 1/21/2022 at 5:53 PM, Kepas said:

Definitely I´ll get some parts from them..... very inexpensive too!!!!!

That's what's so great (among many other things) about these watches. Rugged and reliable as h-ll, Swiss heritage (if you understand these movements you'll understand Swiss movements as well) and parts can be sourced for next to nothing.

Thanks for your contribution @Kepas!

11 hours ago, VWatchie said:

Good advice, and you can find these parts on eBay as well which can be a bit faster depending on where you live in the world. Just search eBay for "komandirskie crystal" and "komadirskie gaskets".

Thanks for the advice VWatchie, as Meranom doesn´t ship where I live.... Actually, I was able to find a vendor with a myriad of plexiglass for Russian watches. That encourage me to restores some models I got with non-round glasses.

11 hours ago, VWatchie said:

That's what's so great (among many other things) about these watches. Rugged and reliable as h-ll, Swiss heritage (if you understand these movements you'll understand Swiss movements as well) and parts can be sourced for next to nothing.

Yeap, totally agree with you. I started with some old 2602 Pobeda and then move to Raketa 2609, Wostok 2214, 24xx, putting together some movements from steampunk lots. They cost almost nothing and work amazingly well after decades.

Thanks for your contribution to the forum, I always learn something from your posts.

• Thanks 1