ETA 2824 problem

Gents, I was reading the tech sheet on the 2824-2 movement I'm working on. If I'm reading the sheet correctly it says not to clean the reversing wheels (27and 28), but exchange them for new ones if they are dirty or rusty.

When I watch the videos on cleaning  a 2824 movement, I've seen nothing stated about leaving the these parts out of the cleaning process. What do you guys do? Leave them be or clean and lube, Swatch group be damned.

Thanks for the advice.

G57

Gents, when I disassembled the 2824-2 movement I don't recall removing the hand setting stem spring clip. Is this part under any tension? Did I launch into my carpet? Or perhaps did the jeweler I took the watch to to reset the incabloc, not reinstall it.

I never had a problem the the stem until after he serviced it. I pulled the crown out to set the time and it just pulled right out of the case, thus starting me down this DIY path.

Is the spring clip part of the key-less works that helps retain the stem and crown?  Is it absolutely required for the proper functioning of the watch?

Where can I get a replacement?

Thank you for any advice.

G57

There's a bit of voodoo on the reversers. The 2924 has been around for a long time and the ETA specific lube is fairly new. I've seen loads of 2824 or equivalent auto mechanisms that are really old woth no wear. I use the old (formerly ETA recognised trick) of mixing lube with solvent and soaking the wheels. One of these days I'll get the new specific lube. ETA does their research and it counts, but the old way worked fine for a long time.

I use HP1000 mixed with benzine currently.