Seiko 7S26

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi jdm, thank you for your interest. I have worn this wonderful watch every day for nearly twenty years and there is a fair amount of play in the bearing, not rubbing against workings or caseback yet, but noisier than it used to be.

22 minutes ago, Vincent said:

I have worn this wonderful watch every day for nearly twenty years and there is a fair amount of play in the bearing, not rubbing against workings or caseback yet, but noisier than it used to be.

Be reassured, if it winds and makes the watch run OK, it's fine. One or two tiny drops of light oil and you're good to go. Beside, it's likely that if you check it on a timegrapher you would see much more important things that aren't good.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Thanks to Watchweasol and Tudor for their replies. I need to find out how to navigate this site better so sorry of there was a delay before replying.   Tom
    • Hi to you all,just a quick update on this Bergeon Cannon Pinion Remover 4854, I emailed Bergeon to say how disappointed I was that this item will not remove pinions of 1.0mm and less and Bergeon have said that this 4854 Cannon Pinion Remover is for pocket watches!! They suggest that I use either a Presto type remover or Hand levers (hairspring collet type) and they have even enclosed their part numbers and PDF images of these items!!!! Regards to all and keep safe,Seth.
    • Thanks Rafal.   I have just found your reply. It seem there are lots of others as well. What a friendly bunch.   Good to meet you and I got the link this time, great. I messed up with the basket motor. As it had a 240Volt cable going into it, I tried it on the mains supply out of the machine only to get a loud bang. It's a 12vdc  motor under the cover on mine! I contacted Elma and they said it shouldn't have been but it looks original. They couldn't supply any paperwork. Do you have a wiring diagram for it at all?   It used to turn the basket OK and went up and down and round and round but is out of synch.   I will need to get the armature re-wound I think.    I liked your pictures on the site but mine has slight differences. I have three discs where the small motor is. I now have no supply to the basket motor so plan to strip it down and see where that should come form. I think it's from the Siemens bridge rectifier at the back. The spring in the clock is bust as well so I need to work on that as well.   I will let you know how I got on.   is yours still working well and what kind of watches are you interested in?   Regards,   Tom    
    • 2783 is covered in here... Eta 2750, 51, 52, 63, 64, 69-1, 73, 76, 81, 83, 84, 89-1, 90-1, 91.pdf
    • Welcome! We have quite a few well-versed in the Seiko offerings. Although I own a couple, I am not the right person for parts identification...