Venus caliber technical data

well I'm always very dubious of these downloadable tech manuals it depends what information they are imparting most technical documents of old where basically a list of parts for the movement they covered, at the time if you could service a chronograph  then you could service any other chronograph its only in the late 60's early 70's when automatic chronograph came into being either micro rotor or full rotor that technical documents became more useful and had more information to impart, most of what these people sell can be found on the web if you search hard enough

https://watchguy.co.uk/technical/Venus/

save your money 

• Like 2

If you're looking for chronograph servicing information the link below will help.

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/2686-esembl-o-graf-resource/

Thank you WLS and John. The links are great. The Joseph watches site is amazing! With Mark’s 6 videos on the 175, these sites and perhaps De Carle’s books i can envisage a lot of fun. I just got a 175. And it needs servicing.
Would you recommend the book ‘complicated watches and their...’ by DeCarle for venuses as well?

I have the DeCarle book but annoyingly can't find it, I do remember its very good and has just about every complication you would encounter including split seconds mechanisms, repeaters and calendar complications its a great book it also has an excellent section on explaining various chronograph scales and slide rules such as telemeters, tachymeter and pulsation markings and decimal markings so yes I would highly recommend it.

• Like 1

the DeCarle book Is a interesting book covers just about everything for complicated watches. Automatic watches, chronographs, alarm watches, calendars, repeaters and then a few other things. The problem is there is a lot of material in here and most of the subjects should have their own book.  Another book only for chronograph's is The chronograph,: Its mechanism and repair by B Humbert .

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 5:07 PM, JohnR725 said:

If you're looking for chronograph servicing information the link below will help.

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/2686-esembl-o-graf-resource/

Thanks again for the tip, I am considering buying the CD from Ebay. It costs 14 Us dollars, plus the same for shipping. 

Does anybody know if the one-day membership of the Gilbert/Joseph Watches entitles one to download the ensemble-o-graf? And if so, does it come in a decent resolution? 

All the best,

Marcos

It turns out that just by doing a print screen from joseph watches and organising those on a pdf doc is good enough.
The terminology is different. I inscribed on top what I got from the datasheets. Like pillar wheel instead of castle wheel and so on.
Both my De Carle’s books got lost on the way to my stupid country, so I had to order them again. But with Mark’s online course, the 175 videos and Christian Lass’s chronograph course, I could not ask for more. At least now.