Wyler Bezel missing a spring?

I have a cool old Wyler Incaflex Dynamwind Heavy Duty Dive watch that I found at a thrift shop a few years ago.  I love the watch, wear it all the time and found a few nice JB Chanpion bracelets for it.  My question is this, the bezel moves freely, and upon popping the bezel off, I noticed that there is a channel that looks like it holds a spring of some sort.  Any ideas on the type of spring?

Bmm29CC.jpg

Well theTudor/Rolex flat washer spring places upward pressure on the bezel ring which is snapped over the crystal retainer. They have parallel angles so you have to press down to compress the washer to reduce the friction between the parts to turn the bezel easily (when it’s clean and working properly). Brilliant simplicity but rather easy to foul up. My 5512 below shows the retainer without the bezel ring. I think you can see the back angle under the edge.

that groove you show wouldn’t work for a system like that. What does the corresponding interior of the bezel ring look like?

E9E65C67-4B45-4097-8BB5-DB79766C8FA0.jpeg

FFA5F455-1235-4B76-A3C9-563911F6FAC2.jpeg

So what retains the bezel now? It looks like a fine groove in the ring and retainer. 

Min that case I think an Omega style spring- fine wire shaped into a hexagon- might be what’s missing. But if the bezel does not fall off, I don’t see what holds it?

Heuer uses the stop sign spring too. 

It snaps on.  It rotates freely.  I'm not sure how it stays on the watch.  It takes some pressure to pop it off.  There is probably a slight lip on the inside of the bezel that snaps over the retainer that fits over the crystal.  

Interesting. Those hexagon springs hold the ring on in the Heuer and Omega designs. 

If it’s secure, I’ll default to the o-ring I originally suggested. The original probably dry rotted decades ago. 

What is the od of the retainer and the id of the ring? That’ll give you an idea of cross section. The od of the ring gives the id if the o-ring.