Repair organizing software

dbals

Sorry for the long time absence- been brewing beer and fell behind on the watches side.  However, I will finally be getting a semi-dedicated area for watch repairs as we bought a new home several months ago.  Granted the home needed quite a bit of work but slowly the different "areas" are coming together.  As I get the new area together over the next few months I was curious what you guys use, if any, to track the repairs you do.  Such as excel spreadsheet, free management software or even paid.  I was hoping to get suggestions as the paper sheets I've been using, In which I lost a bunch in the move, work great but are analog and I would like to add pictures in this process.

I have a pretty nifty google spreadsheet for brewing which is heavily automated: Blind Monk Brewing  most of the 20+ tabs are hidden from the public but is extremely useful to me.  I just didn't want to remake the wheel if there was an option already available. 

Thank you for your Time,

Dan B

Back before the turn of the century, when I was making custom guitars with a partner, we used QuickBooks on the Pentiumsaurus Rex. The current version is probably pretty spectacular in comparison to what we had...

I'm not 100% sure this is your question; if just tracking what you did to what, either Excel or a Microsoft Database might work well.

Even Word might be OK- you could create files for each maker/caliber and search within a folder to find stuff. I do that all the time with the server at work, trying to find documents filed *somewhere* by my predecessor...

As a software consultant by trade , i have gone through this a few times. im currently in the process of developing my own for my repairs, but currently us.e a customised a open source crm system (SugarCRM) that works quite well . 

6 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Make you own using Microsoft Access.

THAT'S what the database software is called... (I couldn't remember earlier!)

I'm inspired and may create one for myself to organize all the movement files I have. (but I've never used it before!!)

Thanks for the replies guys!  I guess - I'll be stuck using the analog way for awhile, gonna teach myself Access.  In the meantime, I've included a link to the sheet I've been using for a few years now-  it's not great but it works for me, just really wanted a more digital version to add pictures of the repairs

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jexYzqdwjCGT7BDvOrJgXB2I57DYhuB2wLwv20CPMqE/edit?usp=sharing

• 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content