omega 26.5 t3 main spring issues

Hi guys,

I have serviced and repaired my fathers broken omega with a 26.5 t3 moment I have managed to get it all back together, but can not get the main spring to wind, I have tried putting it in two ways, but the barrel just moves with no spring wind at all. 

I have replaced the arbour and that hasn't seemed to help either. after a while of winding the keyless works seem to slip as well and start moving the monition works which is also frustrating. 

does anyone have any pointers of experience with this movement? 

Many thanks 

Andy 

Do you test the barrel alone by winding the arbor to see if the mainspring had hooked on correctly? You could have inserted it the wrong way around for example.

Another common fault with assembling keyless works is to insert the castle wheel the wrong way round as the teeth have different profiles on either side.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, Have two barrels, one with an old spring and one with a new spring, have tried inserting the new spring both ways, and have tested that it hooks, it does, it should wind..... and nothing is working.

The keyless works, work well once I have stripped them, but after trying to wind the spring for a while the movement works rotate when the stem is turned. which would cause the hands to move. I checked the gear on the keyless works, no bevel, or decreeable profile,  but I have also tried inserting it both ways with no difference. Im dreading getting to the balance as this is also bound to be a real pig, the way this one is going. 

I feel like I am just going around in circles with this watch and its very frustrating. I feel like I have taken this watch apart a thousand times now. 

Any other ideas as to what could be going on? 

• 4 months later...

Hi yes have tried this, but it still won't work when the whole watch is back together in one piece. it was my late fathers watch (he just passed a few months ago) orginally I was repairing it as a birthday gift, but now want to get it back and running so I can wear it to have something of his with me most days. 

16 hours ago, Akuchanny said:

Hi yes have tried this, but it still won't work when the whole watch is back together in one piece. it was my late fathers watch (he just passed a few months ago) orginally I was repairing it as a birthday gift, but now want to get it back and running so I can wear it to have something of his with me most days. 

So, first things first: have you confirmed that the barrel arbor is hooking the spring hook by holding the barrel stationary and turning the projecting barrel arbor with tweezers or a pin vice?

Edited by rodabod

I'm working on one of these at the moment - just fitted a new balance staff today.

I always take a pic of the mainspring to see which way it winds- this is the correct way 

WIN_20181026_17_22_37_Pro.thumb.jpg.86b54f71c791e11edc6e39f69c4f6c2f.jpg

I have other pictures I took during disassembly should you need any help.

It's a straightforward movement - there's nothing unusual about the keyless or motion works.