Help identifying movement

Just a quickie, I bought a practice piece the other day and would like to identify the movement if possible. There is a marking on the balance cock. I’ve found a list of marks but can’t see this one on there... so my question is what’s the best way to find a movement type (other than just experience)? Is there a good resource online anywhere?

This is the one in question.

604468768d338c2664531bc6e4c91a8f.jpg

09b3a2ab4a4acfde100e531c29b88704.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the watch has no obvious markings usually near or around the balance makers, will put their mark and calibre number 

If the watch has no such markings then to identify watch movements it is almost always easier to get a positive identification from the dial side of the movement because this would reveal the keyless works of the watch, these are often described as the fingerprint of a movement because they are unique to individual watch movement manufacturers, so uncasing the movement and removing the dial and hands to reveal these is the best way to go.

It can be very difficult to identify makers of movements from bridge layout because so many different watch manufacturers used layouts that are almost identical to look at 

The parts such as the setting lever and bridge can then be checked in reference books such as Paulson, Bestfit, Catalogue Official, and  Flume, these books where supplied by parts suppliers or makers as an aid to watchmakers  so they could order the correct parts for watches

There are also web based data bases such as "Ranftt" I'm pretty sure the movement you have is made by A.Schild  possibly a 984

Edited by wls1971

Thanks all, will have the dial off later after work then. So the keyless is the fingerprint? Didn’t know that so excellent!
Thanks for the good advice as always.

And the prize goes to.... @wis1971 !!

I finally had a few minutes and popped off the dial side. And stamped on there is AS984 so I didn’t need the keyless fingerprint after all.

Thanks all, I learned something here which is what it’s all about!

fd12e99ecbf5668d50c46d7a9e34e18c.jpg&key=5aa57e17e2b8881193a1bbf4c8c7fa6281137e7a394e94435103babef1b1b841