Winder too tight on 7734

If the winder is too tight it's most probably due to an old o-ring in the crown. It could also be done to old grease in the parts that wind the barrel.

Having said that, compared to ordinary time-only watches chronographs are more fussy about being serviced and I would say that it would be prudent to get it serviced and you'll be good for the next 5 years (more if used occasionally and stored in a dust free environment). These watches are quite desirable and should you wish to move it on a record of recent servicing will only add to the value!

Price of servicing depends on where you are.  Here in Malaysia you would probably pay around USD100-150 just for labour, parts extra.

Anilv

This LeJour is very nice and certainly worthwhile to keep it running as it should. Try the suggestions already given for the tight winder, but I suspect you'll probably need a service overhaul because who knows how long its been since its been cleaned. As the mechanical complication on a watch increases, so too does the service cost--A chronograph is at the top. Overhaul in NYC is between $350-$450.

J

Thanks Everyone for the suggestions. Given the # of old watches I have and need of service. I am actually thinking of learning to service the watch. I will search this forum on how to get started and how long it will take to learn. It’s just not affordable for me to keep them and get them service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk