• Similar Content

• By Evan
      Hi all, I'm new here, but have been watching the videos on YouTube for a while now, and used them to educate myself on the nature of mechanical watches. Thanks for the great videos Mark! You helped take the mystery and fear out of these works of art.
    • By Plusfoursmax
      Hi,
      I have a Rotary Monza I am fixing up. I disassembled the barrel and removed and cleaned the mainspring. I secured a copy of the parts list and it shows that as well as the mainspring, there is also a Brake Spring (part 775 on the picture). What is it, and do I really need it? Certainly Cousins does not sell it. I googled AS 1902 brake spring and ONE result came up of a Russian watch forum discussing this item. Apparently it is thicker than a normal spring and it seems to have some sort of bent over feature on it. Can I just make one using the old mainspring? If so, how long should it be? Is it really necessary?
      https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://forum.watch.ru/showthread.php%3Fp%3D5196915&prev=search
      ROTARY Monza AS 1902.pdf
    • By east3rn
      Hello watchmakers!
      Now I am working on a vintage bifora movement, Bifora Cal.812.
      I have ruined the hairspring while trying to fix the position of it on the balance wheel to 
      adjust the bit error. I am searching for the balance complete or just the hairspring on ebay and other 
      suppliers but I haven't been lucky. May be I need other keywords for my search.
      Could anyone help me find the part I need??
      Thanks!

• By east3rn
      Hello. 
      I am working on this  vintage A.Schild movement and a jewel on the wheel bridge.
      It is a jewel for the 3rd wheel but is cracked so needs replacement.
      I measured the outer and inner diameter and they are 1.2mm and 0.17mm respectively.
      Could any one help me find the replacement for this jewel??
      I am always grateful for your help.

• By east3rn
      Hello. Dear watchmakers.
      I have a very old timepiece from Rolex that I am about to work on..
      From googling, I found out that this is called "trench watch" that might had been used during WWI or any other war in that era ( 1910~1920)
      However, I could not figure out the reference no. of the movement. All I know about the movement is that it is 29mm in diameter and has 15 jewels.
      I am actually looking for a replacement movement for this watch since the mainspring must be replaced due to damage.
      Plus, I am also looking for the rachet wheel with "Rolex" engraved to replace the existing one.
      I have found similar movements on the web(the third photo added)  but click part was not the same.
      I wonder if the one with different type of click would have parts that are replaceable.
      To sum up, my questions are
      1) the reference of the movement.
      2) how I can get parts or the whole movement for replacement
      3) does a movement with different click type would be suitable for replacement.
      Thanks and  I wish you a great day.